AJA's award-winning Io HD is an effortless to use, transportable plug-in solution for working with HD and SD in Apple Final Cut Studio. With a single FireWire 800 connection, Io HD can easily be connected to a Mac Pro desktop computer or a MacBook Pro laptop.
Io HD offers unparalleled video and audio connectivity. Within its portable and rugged form factor, Io HD offers SD/HD analog I/O, SD/HD digital I/O including HD-SDI and HDMI, Balanced analog and digital AES audio, as well as RS-422, Genlock, and even LTC timecode connections. Io HD includes AJA's realtime hardware-based 10-bit up/down/cross conversions.
Looking for unsurpassed video connectivity? Look no further. Io HD provides connectors on the rear panel to directly connect standard broadcast devices. For SDI video, the box features two SD/HD inputs and two outputs, one connection for Genlock input and a loop-through, and two groups of three BNCs which may be configured for component SD/HD analog video input and output. HDMI input and output allows interfacing with low-cost camcorders and HD monitors. Add to the list S-Video, Composite video, LTC in and out-and a 9-pin connector for RS-422 machine control and you can connect to just about anything. Whether you're using BetacamSP, Digital Betacam, HDCAM, DVCPro50, DVCPRO HD, D5 -or any other professional video device-you'll have the proper connections.
Io HD's extensive audio support makes integration with professional audio gear easy; tie Io HD to a digital audio mixer or DAW output with 8-channel 24-bit 48kHz AES audio via BNC connections. For multi-channel audio mastering, 8-channel SDI embedded 24-bit 48kHz audio is also provided. Io HD features high-quality input sample-rate conversion on AES inputs, which eliminates the need for audio source synchronization. You can even input and output up to 8 embedded channels on the HDMI inputs and outputs. Balanced analog XLR connections are also provided along with two unbalanced RCA connectors for connection to consumer monitoring devices.
- Apple ProRes 422 Codec- SD, HD 720/1080, fullraster 10 bit 4:2:2, supported in hardware
- Up/down/cross-conversion, 10-bit, realtime, in hardware
- SD-SDI and HD-SDI I/O (2)
- Component I/O (SD and HD)
- Composite and S-video I/O
- HDMI video w/8-channel audio I/O
- Embedded SDI 8-channel audio I/O
- AES/EBU 8-channel unbalanced audio I/O (BNC)
- Analog 4-channel balanced audio I/O (XLR)
- Analog 2-channel unbalanced audio output (RCA)
- Genlock with loopthrough
- RS-422 machine control
- LTC Timecode I/O
- Connects to a Mac via a single FireWire 800 cable
- For use with Apple Final Cut Studio 2 on Mac OS X
- 3-year International Warranty