FurnaceCore is an Academy Award © Winning set of tools for compositing. They are available for Final Cut Pro 6.0 and 7.0. The plug-ins include grain tools, automated dirt detection and removal, slow motion using our advanced motion estimation technology, motion blur, flicker reduction and a tool to match colour grades between shots.
1. DeFlicker is a fully automated plug-in designed to remove luminance flicker in a sequence. It can remove multiple over-lapping phase different flickers, while adapting to cope with motion in the sequence.
2. DeNoise is a noise and grain removal plug-in that uses advanced motion estimation technology along the direction of motion, thus reducing the noise without introducing any of the artefacts typically associated with noise reduction.
3. Kronos also uses The Foundry’s advanced motion estimation technology to build in-between frames in a sequence. Kronos can be used to speed up (with motion blur) or slow down an image sequence. Artists have the option of supplying foreground mattes, to give retimed objects tight crisp edges and this latest version will detect and account for occluded regions of the image.
4. ReGrain is an advanced grain management tool, which duplicates grain either from a sample image or stock footage and applies it to a new sequence.
5. DirtRemoval automatically detects and cleans dirt, dust and hairs from a film scan.
6. MatchGrade copies the colour look from a reference sequence and applies this to the source image. This technique involves a non-linear transformation of the colour histogram and is useful for balancing and colour matching plates to the master grade.
7. MotionBlur utilises advanced image processing to add organic looking motion blur to a sequence. Blur can be added automatically based on the amount of motion in the sequence of the shutter time can be set manually.
- FCP 6.0 or FCP 7.0
- Mac OS X (tested on 10.5 Leopard)
- Foundry FLEXlm Tools (FFT) (5.0v1 or later) for floating license support